Sunday 14 April 2013

2013 Challenge Series: The Flitwick 10k

Well, it was never going to be a quick time......... I've still got niggles with my left knee and have not been running a lot recently, and I had spent the last few days locked in a theatre, having a cameo role in a local community production. So come Saturday night, I felt pretty drained, and then had to get up early to travel to Bedfordshire for the race..... and then the sun came out and instead of running in layers and tights, it was 18 degrees and WARM! There was also a bit of a gale blowing, which although was great for taking the edge off the sun, seemed to be going against me for three quarters of the run! So, although a time of 53:51 was not quick, I was pretty pleased!

Having said that, I really enjoyed the run. The event itself was really well organised and very friendly: the race marshalls were great and there were plenty of people lining the course, cheering us on. In fact, it was a fairly large event with some 600+runners and there was a great atmosphere. I really enjoyed the course as well: pretty quick, and "undulating" and going through some nice countryside. There were plenty of hilly bits, but not at all steep and I began to value the fact that in Brum there are plenty of slopes to run up! But most importantly, the weather was wonderful! It was SO GREAT to be running in sunshine and warmth: I really enjoyed the experience of just running. I had forgotten what it was like to actually enjoy running without freezing and without tights! So a great day.... next week, running in home town Brum!

No comments:

Post a Comment