Saturday 10 November 2012

Planning ahead?

Well, did not do Park Run the past two weeks: failed miserably in the getting out of bed stakes. To be fair, I did make it out of bed today, but then couldn't find my bar code, so went back to bed... winter is setting in!

Actually I did get out of bed to go running both weeks, for 8 milers, which I ran at approx 9:30 mins pace... not quick, but fairly steady.... I don't seem to be getting any quicker than before, but I do feel stronger generally. Both mornings were good weather wise, not too cold and fairly sunny, so lovely to run in and great to be outside!

Also this week, I experienced interval training for the first time... thought it would be good to give it a go, as I sort of run at one pace, and I think I need to get my speed up... well, It certainly tired me out, and I was feeling the after effects this morning as well in my legs, so it must be doing some good? Um, not sure, as I don't think I was any quicker today. Will have to see how it goes...

Anyway, both the last two weeks, I've been running with a guy who's new to the running club, and new to Birmingham. He's training for a half Iron Man next year, and it's clear he is a strong (and quick) runner. He says he's just getting back into training and I can believe him..... don't think he'll be running at my speed (or with me) much longer! But it has been good to run with someone else, and to be pushed a little... I do think I need more of this if I am going to improve at all.

Well, his challenge is a half Iron Man, and I have been mulling over my own challenges for next year.... I am hesitant to say too much about what I've been thinking and starting to plan, as once it's down on the blog, it's out there! However, I have been having fun looking at various race options for 2013, and have booked myself into the Sheffield and Birmingham Half Marathons (May and October) and the Winslow Lions 10k (February)..... I am also looking at other races throughout 2013 and trying to work out if they will be too hilly, too boring, too muddy or too far away! Ones which have looked far too challenging for me (at this stage!!) have been the "Newtons Fraction" half marathon in Lincolnshire, which looked as though it had two BIG humps in the middle of the race, and a few others which looked as thought they involved too much mud and wetness! So as I add to my list, I'll post them...... will see how things develop.....

No comments:

Post a Comment