Tuesday 25 September 2012

On the right track

Well today ran just over three and a half miles, totaling approximately seven miles over the past three days, and no reaction from my calf. I feel as though I'm getting back onto the right track, and if i build up the distance gradually, and take care of potential injuries, then I think I should be fine for the Birmingham Half... in terms of completing it, I won't be so concerned about the time!

And the tights? Well, I've been wearing them, they feel fine and I haven't had any adverse comments whilst running, which is always a positive! They do give greater confidence (in terms of injuries etc) as they are so supportive. So I'm sold on them! I think they will get plenty of use this winter and if I run in the dark, no one will see them anyway!

I've also invested in some Deep Heat for my legs... not used it for ages, though I do remember as a teenager, the aroma of Ralgex escaping from the rugby changing rooms. Anyway, I was chuffed with myself as I remembered some key principles in applying Deep Heat, and in so doing avoided some painful times: they are:
 1. Go to the toilet BEFORE applying Deep Heat (or similar substances)
 2. Apply Deep Heat AFTER putting in contact lenses
 3. ALWAYS wash your hands after application!

So, I think I'll make it to October 21st... if I do, i know I'll really look forward to it, so long as it doesn't rain. Oh, and if you want to know why I'm doing the Brum Half, see my blog Geese and the Birmingham Half. And if you can, please give generously!!

No comments:

Post a Comment