Sunday 23 September 2012

On the road to recovery?

Yesterday, did a fair work out of my calf... cycled approximately 13 1/2 miles and put a bit of pressure on it whilst cycling. Felt no major reaction, so decided to give it a short go running. Again, only did a very gingerly run 1 mile, but had no adverse effects, so I am feeling a bit more positive about building the distances up.

One thing is that I'm a lot more conscious about stretching before and after running. It's not something I've been very good at in the past, but it's clear that as I get older, I'm going to have to take more care.


nice horses
Anyway, was good to get out in the sunshine, even if it was not that warm. Cycled most of the half marathon route to familiarise myself with it, and came across a wedding party in Cannon Hill park, really lovely to see, especially the horses and carriage.... Anyway, if I can get fitter and stronger, it should be fun, as the route covers some interesting Brum landmarks. Just a few weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment